Thursday, January 10, 2008

Empty Pockets

Here we are in familiar territory, an airport. No fluids allowed in carry on and what do we have, a bottle of wine and two beers that we bought in Hong Kong but never consumed. We head over to the garbage can and unload our bags. I wonder why I have carried all this weight all day knowing that this was the likely outcome....

Now we are into the security area and Victor is unloading his pockets of his metals. A line is building and he keeps pulling stuff out of his pocket, then the other pocket, then his back pocket. I am embarassed by the amount of metal in his pockets. Coin from USA, Hong Kong and Macau all in different pockets...He finally goes through, the whole security staff is laughing (with us?) and promplty sets off the buzzer of the metal detector. Now nobody is laughing. I toss my bags onto the rollers and open my bag to pull out my clear 1 quart zip lock with properly secured 3 oz packages and am stopped from doing this. Not necessary. I wonder if we could have brought out recently disposed wine and beer.

I go through the detector ready to give Victor some instruction on preparing in advance future security passes.... Hahahaha! Who sets off the sensor next? Me!

This doesn't seem right, I never have anything in my pockets. But this time I do. We laugh at each other and head into the waiting area.

No comments: