Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No parasailing today

We find we are a bit late for the best seas for parasailing. Calmest in the mornings. We have this ritual that seems to work for us, but we are never early in starting our day. Victor goes and gets himself coffee and reads the paper. On his way back he picks me up a coffee. When he returns to the room he wakes me up and we go out to breakfast. By the time all this is done, it might be after 11 am. I love it and hope he can keep this pace up when we return to Groveland and the Hotel Charlotte!

So, we go to the beach just down the street from us. Umbrellas are opened up onto each other so not a lick of sunlight can come through. We find this completly acceptable. I have planned that we will leave when the sun hits us. Victor can't wait that long.

So I am making these little blog notes in my note book and ask casually ask Victor what he thinks of Pattaya and he is so funny, he thinks almost the opposite of me!

  • Subdued from expectations based on his readings
  • No Nudity and no in-your-face advertising
  • Cooler than Bangkok (This one I agreed with)
  • While it seems anything goes, you don't see anything going

We have such different trips together!

So there we are sitting on the beach, I with my notes and Suduko and all the eye candy of everything going on around us and in an hour and a half we were approached by sellers of everything you could think off. We made a list of the beach parade:

  • Fresh Fruit
  • Fish
  • Maps
  • Thai Crafts
  • Sunglasses (Which I needed! but didn't buy)
  • Tatoos
  • Beer
  • Thai Whiskey
  • Ice-Cream
  • Corn and Eggs
  • Watches
  • Fried Eggrolls
  • Tempura
  • Silks
  • Mosquito repellant
  • Jewerely
  • Wind Chimes
  • Stuffed Monkeys
  • Potions for quitting smoking and "man power"
  • Waffles
  • Rice Cakes
  • Peanuts
  • Rice
  • Embroidery
  • Manicures
  • Toilet paper
  • Cotton Candy.

What an interesting collection. I thought we were in for a very special luncheon with excellent service. Instead, Victor got bored and we got up and went for a walk. This beach was great entertainment and not at all like a jail, we could leave at any time!

No comments: